20% Off + Free Shipping on all Fitness Items Now

Saturday, August 7, 2010

This is how I really am...

Some memorable moments @ the garage the past 2.5 years

Prepping for our over-used dip stations


The vision takes verbal form


Our original set up
Our 1st order of equipment came in!!


How sweet it was to have a refreshing pool to cool off with after a tough WOD!
1st attempt at putting salt on open hands   =]
Andrea keeping the 'do' tight

Our 1st Halloween with Niki G, Mark, Leanna, Nick and Andrea

Our logos went up along with our HSPU 'mirrors'


The group finishing w/ Dom on his last 400m of 'Murph'

Our 1st 'Staff' photo at the garage:  Mark, Stacey and Nick

EHT WOD:
"The Burial"
3 Rds of:
10 Push Ups
10 T2B
then:
3 Rds of:
15 Box Jumps 24"
15 KB Swings
then:
3 Rds of:
200m Sprint
20 Walking Lunges


Post time and thoughts to comments.


The Final Garage WOD:
"The Garage Burial"
Teams of 2
400m Run
then:
100 Box Jumps 20"
100 KB Swings 1.5/1 pd
200 Sit Ups
100 Burpees
200 Double Unders
100 Deadlifts 135/95lbs
 E.O.D. Overhead Bar Carry 135/95
then:
400m Run


Teams must start and finish with the 400m Run. After the 1st 400m they may start at any exercise.  They must complete the repetitions of that movement before they move onto the next one.  They can be done in any order.  Only one person can do work at a time.


Post time and thoughts to comments.

13 comments:

Bambi said...

"From small beginnings come great things"
-proverb quote

Chris "Digger" or "Diggs" said...

"The Garage" will ALWAYS be a special place for me. Nick, did you ever think that when I started there back in March of 2009 that I would have come this far? You know me the best of anyone there, and I can tell you I honestly never thought I would. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Part of me is sad that I won't be there today to see "The Garage: off, but part of me is glad that I won't be there to see "The Garage" off.

It only gets better from here ... on to bigger and better things starting Monday. See you at the new box, probably with a tear in my eye.

Good luck today everyone ... kill it !!!

Doug said...

See you in W-Town @ 9:30! Getting psyched up!!

Sara said...

Hey All! I'm super jealous that I won't be making it in for the final garage wod or the new box wod. I like the Texas box, but it's definitely not the same. ...To a new OTG beginning!!!

Steve M said...

good luck to everyone at the garage today. wish I could have made it

EHT WOD at 8am: 13:56 rx'd

Steve C said...

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Mom and baby are doing great! Did a three mile run before the baby was born on Thursday. First time I've run that far in almost a year and it was a PR of 24:41 - thanks to crossfit. Can't wait to come back!

I know it is a bittersweet day for everyone doing the final garage WOD. Enjoy it as best you can and continue this wonderful family you have started at the new box.

See you soon.

aclidy said...

WISH I COULD HAVE MADE IT!!!!!!!!! LOOK FORWARD TO NEW MEMORIES AT THE NEW BOX!!!!!!!!

Atlee said...

Of course Patrick and I finish last on the last wod. Typical. Wouldn't have it any other way! That garage changed my life, and that's no bullshit. Thanks for opening up your home to us.

PaddyMcD said...

wow, that was intense, .................note to self, ......... the last week at the garage is not the time to try 5 days/wk, with 4 in a row, what was I thinking??
I'm fine finishin last Kev, sorry for slowing you down, i tjhink i'll change my nickname to "Atleast", ............ "Atleast he finished" .........
seriously, i'm coming up on 1 year, and i could barely make in 2 days a week the first few months, thanks to Stacey, Mark & Nick for setting the tone, you all are SICK !!! (in a good way, of course) see yas Monday !!

Doug said...

Great times at the garage this morning! No doubt everyone gave it there all! Matt, what a partner! Awesome teaming up with you bro. Best of luck with the flooring today and tomorrow. Can't wait to check out the new box!!

Atlee said...

Patrck, I'll be your wingman anytime! If we dogged it I'd be pissed, but I'm pretty sure we put out all we could. That one was tough. Ready to do it again already.

Mrs. Wristbridge said...

So excited to see the new place, but sad as hell that we will not be sweating out in our cozy box anymore. I am so thankful for all cross fit has given me since Jan. of this year from positive encouragement, strength, and humor. Wish I could have been there today to bury it the right way!

Anonymous said...

Yesterday was an awesome workout with the best teammate, Sam!! Hope I have another opportunity to be on your team again, that was hard but fun. Thanks OTG for everything, I've been with you guys for 5 months and I'm looking forward to the new gym and continuing to achieve new goals:)